They say if you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all – but that won’t be an issue for you. Pick one of these sincere and sweet 40th birthday greetings to celebrate their milestone birthday, and couple it with a beautiful virtual group card.
- Wishing you the happiest of birthdays – I can’t wait to see what you do with the next 40 years, because if the last 40 have shown us anything, they’re going to be amazing.
- Happy birthday and wishing you all the best on your 40th birthday. That’s a significant milestone for a truly great human!
- Happy 40th birthday – I’m so grateful to have your experience and kindness in my life. I hope you have a wonderful day.
- Here’s to turning 40, and to many more brilliant years to come. I hope every day is as happy and joyous as this one.
- 40 is the perfect age – you’re old enough to recognise your mistakes, but still young enough to go out there and make some more. Happy birthday!
- Congratulations on four whole decades of being awesome.
- 40 years of experience, good times, happy memories, and wonderful friends. You’ve got so much to show for your time here on earth as you turn 40, and you still have a lot more in store. Happy birthday, and many happy returns.
- In life, milestones aren’t supposed to be counted – they’re supposed to be celebrated, so that’s what we’ll be doing. Happy 40th birthday!
Funny 40th birthday wishes
Give them a giggle with our pick of the best funny 40th birthday wishes – and if the group ecard you’ve got is looking a bit generic, then there’s still time to order a funny 40th birthday card from us.
- The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest.
- You’re 40! Time to get used to cleaning the house to the music you used to get drunk to
- Happy birthday – I can’t believe you’re 40 years old. I’ve never been so grateful to be so much younger than you.
- Thirties? Completed it mate.
- Do you know what rhymes with forty? Tequila.
- Forty years old – sounds like 4 perfect 10s to me. Happy birthday!
- Congratulations on hitting the big four-oh! (Is it less scary written like that?)
- Look at it this way, at least you’re not as old as you’ll be next year.
Rude 40th birthday wishes
Make them laugh – then remind them to watch out for wrinkles. If your favourite almost-40-year-old can take a bit of laughter at their expense, then these funny 40th birthday one-liners coupled with an online group card are sure to make their day.
- Congratulations – you’re officially old enough for a midlife crisis!
- Try not to think of it as turning 40. Just think of it as getting old.
- Happy birthday! For your 40th, you’ll be getting… a prostate exam.
- They say maturity comes with age, but you’re 40 and still a w*nker.
- Happy birthday – they say life begins at 40. What the hell did you do with the rest of it?
- I was going to write something snarky, but to be honest mate, we’re all impressed you made it to 40.
- Don’t let turning 40 get you down. It’s too hard to get back up again.
- The best part of being forty is that you did most of your stupid sh*t before the Internet existed.