The corporate world is a hard, razor-sharp place where employees constantly walk on a tightrope striving to strike a balance between aspirations and relentless competition. The highly stressful and competitive environment can be demoralising when no amount of hard work leads to progress, appreciation, or job security. In such a scenario, it becomes essential to boost the employees’ morale and make the environment amiable through team-building exercises, which often translate into enhanced performance and job satisfaction. A satisfied employee who feels like they belong leads to the company’s progress.
A major slice of the event planning market lies in internal organisational events and team-building activities. Corporate event management is one of the primary functions of many event companies focusing on the business world. Organising internal events, especially in a large company, is an extremely time-consuming job that, if handled by the company itself, can translate into wastage of many working hours and work disruption, which no organisation can afford. In addition, managing many employees and organising a meaningful event necessitates expertise and focus. This part is why more and more organisations opt to hire event planners to organise their events.
Corporate events are gathering places for previously unseen employees to mingle with senior executives and bosses. Team-building exercises are one of the most beneficial ways for the staff to feel secure with a feeling of belongingness, which boosts their morale. This morale helps employees feel like an integral part of the company in the form of an extended family. This feeling of their loyalty to the company deepens, resulting in increased dedication and satisfaction with their jobs.
The corporate event planners in Birmingham offer a variety of corporate events that are ingeniously created with the specific purpose of building relationships and boosting the morale of the corporate team.
- Activities within the office
- Off-site events
- Charity events
- Celebratory events
In the office, the formal hierarchical atmosphere and expected behaviour bind people to fit into designated roles, which often mask the real person, keeping the inter-relational equation very formal and superficial. The clinical approach eats up the morale of the employees and the joy in their work, leading to disenchantment, fatigue, and increased stress levels. As a result, the corporate world is frequently referred to as the labour mills, daily grind, or rat race.
Benefits of Corporate Events in Boosting Morale:
- Team building & Bonding: Corporate events are organised to dissipate this fatigue and disenchantment while creating the space to relax and bond as individuals. One of the most rewarding and successful team-building events is the off-site event, which can either be a one-day affair or well-deserved time off at a retreat. Bringing the team out of the office space where they spend every working hour works as a soothing balm on the overworked and stressed nerves of the employees. The off-site events create an informal, safe space for the staff to get to know one another and the senior cadre as individuals without the presence of a hierarchy.
- Appreciation: The activities at these events are specially designed to encourage physical exercise in the outdoors with sports and problem-solving challenges, which bring the team together to work side-by-side to find solutions, cheer each other on, and assert leadership skills, all in a friendly and healthy competitive setting. The retreats are opportunities to uncover and showcase the co-workers’ hidden or unknown talents and skills. The recognition and appreciation for individual talents and contributions fortify the bonding exercise, often leading to long-lasting, strong friendships that weren’t possible in the formal office atmosphere.
- Belongingness: Recognising and appreciating a worker individually for their talents or human traits are major morale boosters. Being seen and appreciated is one of the most basic human needs, and when it is not met, it leads to self-doubt, internal conflicts, and low self-confidence, all of which are harmful to morale and mental health. A well-planned and organised corporate retreat offers a comfortable, friendly, and non-judgmental space that encourages individuals to come forth in their real personas, allowing them to be themselves. This factor goes a long way in establishing a sense of belonging and family, especially for those who are alone away from their families or are too shy to approach people.
- Creating Memories: The bonding activities and the warm, friendly atmosphere give birth to some memorable moments that one carries through life as precious memories. The fun moments often become the glue that acts as a reminder, bringing workers together to relish the memory and laugh together, sharing common experiences. One can find the workers sharing a laugh weeks after the event, reminiscing over their fun and looking forward to more such events. The employees’ joy makes the office atmosphere brighter, adding new life to their flagging morale and enthusiasm, resulting in increased productivity and job satisfaction. The same people who groaned at the thought of going to the office every day now look forward to going to work. The fond memories cement the bond between employees, building a healthy foundation of mutual respect and friendship.
- Teamwork: Off-site or celebratory events like celebrating festivals and achievements together forge trust in each other. They also become aware of individual strengths and skills, which helps them work better and more productively as a team. Mutual respect, appreciation, and friendship obliterate the untrusting competitive edge, which used to act as a major hurdle while working on projects as a team before the bonding exercise. The familiarity with the bosses and senior executives also adds to the self-confidence and pride in the brand or organisation, making the employees work harder and with increased enthusiasm.
Corporate events, scheduled periodically, send out an invaluable message to the employees that the company values their employees and cares about their well-being as individuals. Many companies also make one annual retreat a family event, to which all the employees’ families are invited. The event planners professionally handle the corporate event management of the family retreats or day-long outings, albeit with a softer and warmer approach while creating activities for the partners and children. Family retreats are excellent bonding exercises, resulting in deep friendships among families that can last a lifetime. The same daily grind now becomes a happy place to look forward to instead of baulking at the thought, as the in-office bonds are converted into close friendships and ties, all because of the corporate events.